10 Reasons You need an Above Ground Sump Pump
Sump pumps are used to remove water that has collected in a basement or crawlspace. They are often used in homes that are built on slabs or have basements that are prone to floods. Sump pumps are typically installed in a sump pit, which is a hole that is dug in the floor of the basement or crawlspace. The sump pump then pumps the water out of the pit and away from the home.
Sump pumps are important pieces of equipment that can protect your home from water damage. There are many reasons to have an above ground sump pump, but here are ten of the most important:
- To prevent basement flooding – If your home is prone to floods or has a history of flooding, an above ground sump pump is a must-have.
- To protect your belongings – An above ground sump pump will protect your belongings from water damage in the event of a flood.
- To prevent mold and mildew – Floodwaters can contain bacteria and other contaminants that can cause mold and mildew to grow in your basement.
- To save money on repairs – An above ground sump pump can save you thousands of dollars in repairs by preventing water damage in the first place.
- To increase your home’s value – If you ever decide to sell your home, an above ground sump pump will increase its value.
- To protect your health – An above ground sump pump will protect you and your family from these contaminants.
- To avoid the hassle of cleanup – An above ground sump pump will remove the water for you, so you don’t have to worry about the cleanup.
- To keep your basement dry – An above ground sump pump will ensure that your basement stays dry, even during a flood.
- To reduce insurance premiums – An above ground sump pump can save you money on your homeowners insurance.
- To peace of mind – Knowing that your home is protected from water damage will give you peace of mind.
If you’re considering an above ground sump pump for your home, contact a local contractor today. They can help you choose the right pump for your needs and install it properly.